Types of Workplace by location – District (logonLAB 2017)
Looking at the same information but distributed by districts, we observe that while co-working and serviced office are mostly located in Huangpu, Jing’An and Xuhui Districts, makerspaces are scattered among all districts, with the highest number in Pudong, then Xuhui and Yangpu districts.
These results actually are related to the urban context of the districts. CBDs, university clusters, high-tech zones, etc, attract specific functions and types of people around them, and therefore types of business too. Creative people and free-lancers tend to choose city center locations, while hi-tech professions and scientists gravitate around innovation areas; financial and business experts are more attracted to CBD areas.
Shanghai Prime Locations by type (logonLAB 2018)
Target Users and Business models of Flexible Office Spaces – （logonLAB 2018）
[Location of Co-working Spaces, Serviced Offices and Makerspaces – Shanghai (logonLAB 2018)]
(1) Xu Li, Fang Zhu and Zhang Zhengwu, “Summary of the Research on China’s Makerspaces”, 2017.
(2) Deskmag, The 2017 Global Coworking Survey, “Members Demographics”.
(3) Interview to Nicola Stella, Partner Manager at Naked Hub, November 2017.
(2) Deskmag, The 2017 Global Coworking Survey, “Members Demographics”
(3) Nicola Stella访谈，裸心社合伙经理人，2017.11